ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i wanted to build a roll bar for my car too mount my seat belts too. After watching a awsome crass safety dvd from simpson racing i started thinking about how i should mount my belts in my Z and came up with this.

http://groups.msn.com/NissanZ31

^sorry not sure how to make a link^

~Cage is bent from 3/16 In cromolly steel

~I mounted the two points of the harnesses to a shoulder bolt so they could rotate freely.

Post Edited (Jun 30, 9:01pm)

·
Registered
95 Posts
dude how much to make one for me? would u be willing to do it? hit me back that thing is awsome. i been wanting to make one i just dont have netime to do it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man I’m really glad you think it looks pretty bitchin and Thx. See i don’t have the tooling to make it a true "weld-in" roll bar. It took me like 2 hours of fitting to make sure that it fit securely and correctly. I'm truly not comfortable making one without being able to have my hands on the car. I wouldn’t want to put my company name on something that i couldn't finalize the install on. But if you have any questions on angles, heights, lengths or anything when you make your roll bar please fell free to E-mail me at [email protected]

Hope i can help,

Matt Finn

FINN~gineering
Performance Inc.

Post Edited (Jun 30, 9:56pm)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The main reason i made this bar is
1. It only cost me 80$
2. I needed a mounting point as close to the seat as possible.
3. I think it looks pretty sweet
4. It will offer more protection then stock.
5. IT ONLY COST ME 80$
6. It will give additional strength to the cross support for the diff.

I’m not going to be doing anything with my Z were there could be a chance of flipping her. So thanks for telling me some things that i had already considered. That’s why I said ROLL BAR and NOT ROLL CAGE....

Post Edited (Jul 1, 2:50pm)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.