ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I've had my 1977 280Z for 4 years and now the fun begins. It currently has the Holley intake and carb conversion and I want to upgrade to EFI. In my searching, I have not seen anyone using the Sniper EFI system on the L28. Is anyone familiar with this application on our cars? If you have any feedback, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings all,
I've had my 1977 280Z for 4 years and now the fun begins. It currently has the Holley intake and carb conversion and I want to upgrade to EFI. In my searching, I have not seen anyone using the Sniper EFI system on the L28. Is anyone familiar with this application on our cars? If you have any feedback, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

D
D,
Have you pulled the trigger on the sniper EFI? Would like to prove the system will operate now on my stock L28 (N42 head and block) before a performance rebuild. I'll be the lab rat.

Most folks have suggested the duel round top SU's will starve with a 3.0L/3.2L bore at higher RPM so the sniper EFI sound like an alternative to triple carbs but no one has accomplished the conversion on a L28. Maybe a reason?

MSA - has the manifold. No electrical engineer but the touch points to the sniper EFI unit seems straight forward. Temp sensor will be an issue without a head port. Can add when the head is rebuilt.

Do you know if the height of the EFI unit is taller then a Holley 4B carb?. Concerned the manifold, EFI unit and cold air intake (hat) will not fit under the stock 240Z hood.

My ignition is stock (pertronix), stock coil and distributor. So this would need upgrading. To what?

Bigger hurdle, can you used an in-tank fuel pump on a stock 240z tank? if not, tank upgrade options? Would like in-tank fuel pump for noise reduction and reliability.

Let's discuss, Ready to move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts