ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting gas tonight and closed the door behind me like I do a million other times...got my gas, then opened the door to get in and the damm thing started going off. Honking my horn, flashing the headlights up and down, and the freakin ignition was even disabled. I had no idea how to shut this thing off lol I go around to the other door after thinking of disconnecting the battery (no tools), so I could search for a fuse of some sort and pull it, but the door was locked so I went back to the driver side door to unlock it and figure, why not turn the key in the door and unlock them again. Then it went off. I don't remember locking the door behind me getting out, I don't even know why it went off...hopefully it won't again, it's embarassing. Then the whole way home my warning light for a door being open was on, so I get home and none of them were open. And the security light isn't flashing on the dash so nothing is open, so who knows...at least I know it works in case someone tries to steal it, but who wants to steal a 20 year old stock "sports" car anyway?

·
Registered
875 Posts
With what you got on your car.....................I would Tee Hee!! can always use a free Z!! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm, check your open-hood switch to make sure the clip hasnt broken.. Its on the front brace near the drivers headlight assembly. Mine was like that and buried under the air intake tube, finally found it when I was dinking around in there. Replaced the switch, and now I gots a alarm! :D

As for the random arming, the door lock sensor sometimes can get flaky if its dusty/dirty.. I cleaned off mine when I was lubing all the latch pulls and such right after I bought my ZX.
After losing my nice JVC deck and 3 books of CDs out of my truck (about 80 total, I was on a DJ job) every single one of my rigs has gotten a alarm now.. *paranoid*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.