ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suffered my first accident the other day; doing around 160kmph/100mph and a kangaroo jumped out in front of my Z and I plowed straight into it. There was zero time to react; just bang. Damage was minimal; lost both my flood lights (smashed to ****) and the black front airdam insert thing is broken clean in half and bent the bumper bracket slightly. Insurance quote was huge; luckily I've got good coverage and it's not going to be too costly for me. Just felt like sharing... I feel bad for the Roo, not a good sight to say the least.

·
Registered
224 Posts
LOL..hit a roo

To a guy from the Pacific Northwest that just doesn't sound right. Around here people hit deer, elk, cows, dogs, cats, skunks, raccoons, etc.

Sorry but it just cracked me up. I never though about hitting a kangaroo before, but of course that makes sense in Australia.

Hope you are able to get your car back in good shape without too much problem, and obviously you must have come out just fine since you didn't mention injuries to yourself.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i hit a dog once, thats it. I would feel bad about hitting a kangaroo though, those things r tight

·
Registered
37 Posts
F***ing roo's, i hit one doing 110km/h one morning. no damage luckily but the kangaroo was buggered and now i'm paraniod that i'm going to hit anotherone

·
Registered
161 Posts
that blows my mind i live in colorado and i have hit animals befor but i havent even seen a kangaroo in my life that fucking funny man but sorry about the car

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
i think I ran over a snail a few times here in california. :)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roo's get suprisingly big; it was lucky that I hit it on the left most side so it was run down under my wheel, if it had gone over the top onto the hood and windscreen I may not be here to tell ya'll about it lol

The quote to fix it is more than I've seen some people pay for entire Z's around here lol Oh well, thankfully my insurance rules and they're glad to fix it.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess hitting a full sized roo would be similar to hitting a medium sized deer... The local touring car event here called Bathurst had a similar inccident not so long ago where a driver hit one at 190kmph (130mph).

I found a small 5mb clip of it for anyone who cares, suprising the amount of damage hitting a roo will cause. I was lucky that the Z's bumper has a sharp angle and sliced straight thru it.

http://members.ii.net/~jedabe/dan/Kangaroo.avi

It's a bit graphic so be warned... Caused a huge amount of damage to the front of the car that took him out of the race.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.