Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - hope you had a good weekend,

Took the 240Z out for a spin and changed from 5th gear to 4th at high speed. Since then I've got a weird noise coming from the gearbox. A sort of grinding noise.

Any ideas?? Also, when I move off in 1st gear, the gear stick moves out slightly but doesnt actually pop out. Reverse is hard to get into too, normally involves, some double clutching and a bit of force followed by a clunk as it gets in. I sometimes have to move off in 2nd as it just wont get into 1st gear. Are these problem linked??

Any help, advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Check your clutch freeplay, sounds like the clutch may not be fully releasing. As for what you call a "hissing noise" all I can say is the only noise that I have encountered that would qualify as a "hiss" would be a bad bearing. These trannys are more or less bullet proof but they are prone to bearing noise and or failure at the center support.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Re: Clutch not releasing

hey I have a whirring noise coming from my drive train, it starts at around 50mph and stops with the clutch depressed. any Ideas? not sure if its from the tranny or diff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.