ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 87 280z will rev up to 3000 RPM and stick there for a few seconds when i come to a stop and then idle back down to 2000 RPM. i can take my foot and pull the accelerator and lower the RPM to about 1500 RPM after that. I do that before I'm going to turn it off. What is making the car Rev up and stay there?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, if pulling back the accelerator pedal brings it down, I would assume it's a sticky accelerator pedal. The only other thing that could pull on your accelerator pedal is your cruise control. If it's sticking at high RPM and it's not accelerator pedal realated, then it might be your BCCV (or maybe it's called BCCD, I know it's BC__ something). It's this unassuming little assembly bolted to the bottom of your intake manifold. I don't know how to test it, because when I took my car to the repair shop with a similar problem they figured it out and replaced the BC__ whatever. But, with all the other control devices on these motors, it could also be something else. Hope this helped at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.