ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
we really need more information...like when it does it.

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Did you read through the idle tech writeups I suggested in your previous post?

<http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=303209&t=303209>

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
He probably didn't...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Try turning down your idle screw. It's on the left side behind your engine on the bottom of the AIV-you'll need a fairly long screwdriver. It's a fairly large screw head and will be looking directly at you. Turn the screw clockwise 1/2 turn at a time.

Next time you clean your intakes, open this screw all the way (turn it counterclockwise,) disconnect your battery while you work, reconnect your battery when you are done (at least 1/2 hour,) drive your car for a day or so and then reset the idle.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Well............

The idle adjustment screw on the IAA unit will increase or decrease the idle speed but to do it right you need a few additional steps...

On a N/A you need to first and foremost check the TPS adjustment as 80% of idle problems start with the TPS. Adjust the TPS to .48v on a fully warmed up engine. Once that is done then disconnect the gray TPS harness and start the car. When the idle settles turn on the headlights THEN you can adjust the idle screw to around 800-850 RPM. Let the car idle for at least 30 seconds after that, then reconnect the Gray TPS harness while the engine is idling. This will produce the best results.

On the TT the FSM calls for you to disconnect the AAV solenoid harness (located on the IAA unit) in order to properly adjust the idle settings. That stated I would still recomend the above steps first, only disconnect the AAV harness in additon to the TPS when setting the idle. Once that is done stop the engine, re-connect the AAV solenoid, start the car and once the idle is steady, reconnect the gray TPS harness.

I am not sure why you would want to fully open the idle adjustment screw when cleaning the TBs

MaxDoc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.