ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to dealer today to look at an 84 300zx, noticed that the engagement point of the clutch is amazingly high. Maybe about 3 inches from the top (of where the pedal is when your foot is off) Any ideas of what wrong or how much/howto fix this? IS the clutch dieing? How much time till the clutch is gone?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, would you happen to k now how much it would cost to fix? (including labor) and I can adjust the clutch so that the engagement isn't so high correct, its a bit uncomfortable, so I figure while I am saving up for it to be fixed I mineas well be comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I can't speak for your part of the country, but down here it'll run you around $800.00 for a new clutch and that includes having the flywheel re-surfaced. That's what the dealer would charge here, but there are probably alot cheaper places. As for the adjustment, well there is a pedal adjustment screw behind the arm of the clutch petal that may give you some relief, but as Chezam said, that clutch is gone. BTW, what are they asking for her? Just curious!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
digital dash is sketchy... t-tops are standard... power everything is VERY common... don't put too much stock in those options... timing belt, clutch, rust damage, other engine components (O2 sensor is big one) are things you want to make sure of. They can be pretty expensive to repair, especially if you have to pay someone to fix it, ie the dealer.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
02 sensor is the big one? its a expensive part but I replaced it myself and Im not mechanically inclined at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.