ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the low back bucket seats in my car. Was looking into getting the high back bucket seats. For those who have had both. Any opinions on which you might prefer?

Thanks for your info,

Darrel
82zxt

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 1979 280ZX with highback "Throne" style seats. I like them better, they look sportier than the low back with the adjustable head rest. I recall reading somewhere that the highback does a better job of protecting the driver and passenger from whiplash in a collision than the low back seats. I noted that the 1986-88 Nissan pulsar NX has really nice high back seats. I don't think they will fit without alot of modification.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have Low-Backs, my only concern would be visabilty back through the rear quarter windows. When I think I want to see something, I want to see it NOW, and the Z doesn't have great visabilty that way.

They're comfy enough.

enjoy the ride

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey D,
most of the highbacks in any sports car I've ever owned feel better than the low backs in my 82, although my lowbacks will stay for a while, because there isn't a mark on them, hopefully be driving the ZX by the end of next week, see ya on ZDriver!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.