ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to run my car this morning and heard a noise it appears to come from the power steering pump. Then I looked underneath the car and found the oil in the floor, which is leaking from one of the hoses running to the rear of the car. Is the pump already damage? If yes, how hard is to replace? Is it a expensive part? I am planning to take care of the leak and then refill, do I have any chances that the pump may still work?
FLF
’91 2+2
’91 TT

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Whoa deeeeeeeppp breath ...

odds are the pump is not damaged if you noticed it before the pump started to squeal. Fix the leaks, refill the system, while the car is in the air turn the steerting wheel lock to lock without the engine running to bleed out any air. and fill to the cold mark on the PS dipstick.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Whoa deeeeeeeppp breath ...

Hopefully you are right MaxDoc. I did not run the car with the squeal, only when I was trying to understand where the noise was coming from, but the floor already had a good amount of fluid on it!
Thanks,
FLF
'91 2+2
'91 TT

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
i have a full hicas system from a 65k mi 93TT if you need any parts :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: HICAS question MAXDOC or anyone

One thing I noticed is that the HICAS ligth is not on and the reservoir has some fluid, but there is a lot of fluid on the floor. Is this an indication that the PUMP is not working? or an indication that air migth be trapped and the squeal I hear is the PUMP trying to do its job with no oil?
FLF
'91 2+2
'91 TT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.