ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone... i caught a glimpse of a few 72-74 Z's when i was browsing for cars on ebay a few weeks ago--and ive been intrigued ever since... I'm not very knowledgeable on cars (yet), but i want to learn as much as I can (specifically about the Z's). where should I go for the most information about... well... about everything? i'm mechanically deprived in a sense, i don't know very much at all about engines or anything (just what i know from playing need for speed 4 and 5), if you guys could guide me to some resources so i can read up that would be awesome. come on, bombard me with information! thanks in advance.

-nick

· Registered
123 Posts
Go to your local library. If your in a big city go to the central branch there are alot of books out there on datsuns, can't relly recall any book in particular. Then I would just punch in datsun Z car on search there is tons of informative sights on the net. Last and probably the coolest is look up your local z club and try and find a show. Up here in vancouver we had a really good one in the summer probably about 50+ early z cars, got me hooked.

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Amazon, Barnes & Noble

Both places have a lot of books covering not only the mechanics of this car, but also the histroy and intrigue of it. There is also a video at Amazon that originally appeared either on the History Channel or A&E.

If you buy one, examine it closely for RUST. There are other tips, too, so that you won't be disappointed down the road. Expect to pay a little more for a good one over a junker.

In many ways, the First Generation Z is very reliable. But like any older car, it may require some periodic adjustments to carbs, fuel injection, timing, etc., than newer cars. Also look around for a repair shop you can trust that either specializes in Zs, Nissans or import cars. Get recommendations from other repair shops if necessary.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.