ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you for sure going on sunday? im bringing my 85 n/a and want to check out yours. do you still have the digital dash crap in yours. and does it all work? i've got some sort of problem with my display, and would like to look at your car to see if the idiot before me, did some kind of wiring hack to it. all lights up, but i get false readings to all but the tach and speedo. hope your there and i hope it dont rain!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
jerky - I will definitely be there but I actually have the analog dash set up. I have heard that the digital dashes are a bit complicated to work with but if my memory serves me there is a guy (not that far from where we are located roughly) that is an expert at servicing these digital dashes.

I just searched and found the link for Wild Bill's little website. He has helped zcar.com and z31.com folks in the past and he is affordable:

http://www.geocities.com/wildbill300zx/index.html

You might also consider the analog swap - the digital dashes weigh quite a bit but they are neat! AZ-ZBUM's guide to the Analog swap

My 85 n/a actually isn't much to behold at the moment! The only mods (because of a very restrictive budget - wife in college) are the Maxima Alternator and the replacement of the clutch dampener with a 280ZX brake hose. These aren't really true mod's but I have been bringing my 85 up to par like crazy. Last couple of months I have done (myself):

* Clutch assembly, resurfaced flywheel, the works (pain in ass)
* O2 Sensor
* CHTS and CHTS subharness
* Replaced radiator cap
* Replaced radiator cap
* Replaced Fuel Filter

and some more. Budget is tight and car sat for a while, until about spring of this year.

Here is a picture of her:

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing you and everyone who can make it on Sunday. I hope I don't come in to late - I probably won't get there until right at 1PM!

Post Edited (Sep 23, 8:24am)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
es3 - thanks :). I don't have the licience plates anymore (at least not on the car). I live in Missouri now and those were Idaho licience plates. I decided to hold off on the personalized plates to save $$. I'd rather sink the $75 a year into something functonal - but someday.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Stu, Nice original car. I have plans to finish my 84 n/a as close to stock as possible. I'm kind of a purist. But I'm working on upgrading the suspension and brakes. Just tweaking it. It looks like crap now, but should look exactly like ZBum's 84. Same color etc. The 2 cars are about 6000 numbers different in their VINs.

·
Registered
548 Posts
jerky, If you want to go the analog route I have an 85 parts car that's pretty intact and has all the gauges in it. The car is closed up so it hasn't been soaking wet inside.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
modified85z - I definitely miss the customized licence plate! It drew a lot of attention, sometimes from the wrong crowd! All those **** non-Z owners who didn't know that I was driving a Z thought I was a drug dealer!!!

dspurck2 - thanks for the compliments! I have to be honest - I posted one of the more forgiving pictures. It is in pretty good shape but there is definitley body work in order. I am focusing on getting her "up to par" at the moment and once I feel I have reached that goal I will probably focus on the engine before the body gets any more attention.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.