ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bring your 3.90 over Sunday and we'll swap them?? If you can, about all you need to bring is a pair of jack stands, as mine will be in use.

See any 5.0's this morning???

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would need to get the eurethane bushings before we start, do you think I have time to get them?

HEY!~ I didn't see any 5.0 cobras this morning, but last night I ripped an Acura Integra VTEC a new one, he thought he was SUCH a baddass when he pulled up beside me at Scottsdale Rd & Shea. That integra all lowered, with racing stickers and a big wing on the back. He was revving that 4-banger like he had something, I knew this one wanted to try it. I left him so far behind that he didn't even pull up beside me at the next light! And then a coulple of kids in their "mommies" Z3 wanted a piece, so I whooped their ass too.
HEY! I kinda like this ****!

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Know exactly what ya mean!! Went to Tempe last night and had to restrain myself (bummer) due to a slipping clutch in 3rd...but is a kick playing!!!

Well, you can use mine if yours don't get here, I ordered yesterday from Suspension Restoration Parts in CA, they said 2-3 days, so should be here by Friday...I won't need them until I do the swap on the 19th. They probably have one day shipping available. Their phone # is 209-578-5101. Lets put some "teeth" in your VR - hee hee hee.

·
Registered
66 Posts
RE: Gary and Steve.....

Just remembered that I think I may have an extra set of "moustache bar" urethane bushings and definately I have an extra set of rear control arm bushings. Mis-ships from those great supply houses that I haven't sent back. Gary, I also have a set of Suspension Techniques Springs if you are interested. Don't think I will be able to make it Sunday as I will be going up to Prescott for the weekend. Let me know if you are interested in the bushings and stuff. :>)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ahh bummer, have to play another day :). Are the bushings graphite impregnated??? If yes, I can use the control arm bushings...don't want squeaks. Let me know what kind of a good deal we can make. Have already ordered the mustache bar stuff, but maybe Steve if he see's your post before ordering.... the springs at some point, since shocks and struts would need replacement at the same time...one thing at a time as $$$ allow.
gary

·
Registered
66 Posts

They are of the urethane variety for the rear control arms. Sell them to you what I paid for them from Motorsports. If you want the springs later, I will hold off on sending them back. $240.00 for the springs.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: Richard and Gary

R - I am all up for those mustache bar eurethanes! How much do you want? I can come down and get them from you, or you could drop them off at VR Engineering for me. Either way.

G- I have to confirm with the wifey about Sunday. I'll get back to you. We're talking THIS Sunday, right?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: Yes, This Sunday....

My partner is gone to a class all day, so it's "garage time" :). Did you get the directions I sent to your e-mail add? Explain to your partner that it is good for your soul to change your VR rear end :))
gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.