ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...new on the board but Jesse (Zazupilot ) pointed me in this direction. I have made a few improvements to my Z...probably things you have never heard of or considered (or insane). Check out acemann.shutterfly.com for details. That is the reason I posted in Tech...

I have a '93 NA slicktop with 110K miles, manual tranny, and quite a few mods:

JWT Pop Charger
Z1 single-piece driveshaft
ASSCO Aluminum flywheel
Stainless tubular headers
EGR Removal
Custom 2-1 exhaust
Brembo X-drilled rotors F&R
Aluminum 30mm calipers up front ('93 had Iron, I "upgraded")
Apexi Multi-Checker
TT wheels
Aluminum lower radiator pipe
Stop-Tech lines
Front & Rear strut bar
Energy Suspension Tension Rod Bushings
Energy Suspension Steering Rack Bushings
Aluminum subframe spacers
'94 TT spoiler
JSPEC nosepanel
JSPEC sidemarkers
HKS Hipermax II Dampers
Xenon headlamp RETROFIT (custom made)

not boasting or anything, but justed wanted to give an idea of my Z's state of tune...and yes, I did all of the work myself (much pain and suffering)

-Cameron

Post Edited (Jan 4, 3:53pm)

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
υποδοχή...jesse είναι jackass εν τούτοις, θα σας συγχωρήσουμε για τη δήλωση ότι σας έστειλε εδώ

:)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
so where are you from? nice to have another slicktop on the board!
dave

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
super hicas is Nissan's all wheel steering system. the R33 system is superior to the ones in our Z's becuase it incorporates Yaw rate feedback... but I'll let ACEMANN get into all that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yikes! That is my car's dirty pic! I cleaned it up just a few hours later lol...

I guess I'll make a dedicated post about the HICAS install...I'm sure alot of people would be interested. I actually want to get a good set of opinions about the system as well. Just need to get that wheel bearing repaired! I have it sitting in my passenger footwell so I won't forget to get it pressed out tomorrow!

mikz-

Super HICAS is the 4 wheel steering system on the TT 300ZX, as well as the skyline, silvia, and even the Infiniti J30 (yes it had it too, I think it was the J30t that had it). It stands for High Capacity Actively Controlled SUSPENSION (as per the SAE document written by the design engineers of the system). The toe of the rear wheels is adjusted up to one degree depending on the inputs of various sensors. I'm going to make a post about what I have done/found out, so keep a lookout because I have alot of info...

Anyways...thanks for the welcome and I look forward to being a part of this forum!

-Cameron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.