ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 280ZX kick panels dishwasher safe? I figured you might know after hearing stories putting of you putting all kinds of car parts in there hehehe. I'd try it my self but I'm afraid of ruining my moms dishwasher and my kickpanels.

I got a set of pretty dirty black kick pannels and I just wanna see hoow good they clean up(possibly for sell) and I wanna take the easy way out.

Justin T
1980 280zx

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
ROLF.......

LOL....
And where might you have heard that from?
Front kick panels are fine but not the back's they have cardboard backing on them! LOL Just plastic things. Just clean them up the NORMAL way :)
Now about baking.... That's a different balll game. Boy Do I remember the SMELL!!! ROFL LMAO Dinner anyone?
Bath tubs Hmmmm....That's another story in it's self...LOL Took me forever to get black marks off porcelain tub from wet sanding rims.

LOL....

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: ROLF.......

Well I backed out of the dishwasher thing I'm not a brave as you :) I did it a semi-normal way I took to a high pressure car wash and sparyed them down. I'm not sure what color they are faded black with what looks like dark blue on the back. maybe they were dyed/painted.

JT

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Re: ROLF.......

go to an all paint shop. they have plastic paint kinda like spray paint but sticks better to the plastics. it works really nice and makes it look a lot cleaner. bama

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
SEM..... n/c

Zya

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Hey Donna are 280ZX kickpanels dishwasher safe

Just be careful if you use Castrol Super Clean on them, it works great, but if you let it on for too long, it will make the color fade away. Trust me on this, I am off to the junk yard tomorrow to find a brown lower dash panel which I let soak with the stuff on it and it faded the color to a cream. Oh well, there are a bunch of other things I wanted from the junk yard anyway, and this gives me a good excuse to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.