ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post by Steve Graber and it got me to thinking. He said everytime he passes another Z he wonders if they knew about this site. I have thought the same thing. Something to think about if you haven't. What about making up some bumper stickers or window stickers that advertise Zcar.com. It would not only get afew more gearheads on the site, but it would also allow some of use to recognize one another on the road. I'm sure that most of the people here would be more then willing to publicize this site on there vehicles. You could charge a nominal fee for manufacturing and distribution and maybe even make alittle money in the process. Anybody else think of this or think it is a good idea?

G

·
I've thought about doing something like this. Does anyone know a mail-order place that'll do small runs of bumper stickers for a reasonable price? A place that'll do license plate frames?

I was also toying with the idea of T-Shirts...

Would anyone else be interested in ZCAR.COM T-Shirts, bumper stickers, and license plate frames?

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

> I was reading a post by Steve Graber and it
> got me to thinking. He said everytime he
> passes another Z he wonders if they knew
> about this site. I have thought the same
> thing. Something to think about if you
> haven't. What about making up some bumper
> stickers or window stickers that advertise
> Zcar.com. It would not only get afew more
> gearheads on the site, but it would also
> allow some of use to recognize one another
> on the road. I'm sure that most of the
> people here would be more then willing to
> publicize this site on there vehicles. You
> could charge a nominal fee for manufacturing
> and distribution and maybe even make alittle
> money in the process. Anybody else think of
> this or think it is a good idea?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sounds like a good idea Spot and Derek!!!

I would be interested in the plate frame,bumper sticker,and the T-shirt.Run with this idea , It's agood one!!! Later,norm

·
Registered
64 Posts
I might be interested

Hey Derek,

I might be interested in a license plate frame and possibly a T-Shirt (depends on if it's really nice or cheesy). I'll never put a bumper sticker on my car, though, even if it's a cool one. Anyways, I'm not committing to buying anything, just saying I'm interested. All depends on how much it would cost and what they would look like. This is a cool forum page and the only one I really go to all the time, so if the stuff is done to look nice I would certainly be interested in it. Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey!

I don't think I would do a Bumper Sticker but a nice window sticker or punched out letter ZCAR.COM I could put on the rear window. I would LOVE a shirt, hat, or plate cover. I might even be able to help you get them made. I know a some people in Houston who do this kind of stuff. Also my wife has her degree in Advertising arts and is willing to do the art for it. Let me know if I can help...

Bean Bandit

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Re: good idea

Yes i'm another person that likes this idea, like penastar i don't like putting stickers on my car lol, i don't know maybe its some paranoid stuff but i like stickers but the fact of them ruining my car or something, but if its a nice sticker i'll put it on my window, i also like the idea more the lisence as well, the way we get a lot of these out is.. get em for a cheap price andif it looks nice i'm sure everyone would buy one.
But one thing if we going to advertise, Derek will you update the page more like get a monthly car on their;)? i mean its cool if you don't but we've been looking at a blue Z too long lets see the color's of the rainbow (i like the blue Z) just we gotta share the space;) and maybe a chat room which would be cool. but these are just suggestions but i would be happy to advertise this place
Zya later
yuichi

·
Registered
680 Posts
> I've thought about doing something like
> this. Does anyone know a mail-order place
> that'll do small runs of bumper stickers for
> a reasonable price? A place that'll do
> license plate frames?

> I was also toying with the idea of
> T-Shirts...

> Would anyone else be interested in ZCAR.COM
> T-Shirts, bumper stickers, and license plate
> frames?

> --
> Derek Spencer
> [email protected]

I know this sound strange
but I got a CB what about a flag for it. but yes it a good Idea I would buy zcar shirt and I will look around for a place to get the bumper sticker I do know a place that will do Lis. plate frames. If u want I will email u the place name and phone. I m thinking of going there and getting one made

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
For yet another 'take' on the subject, I'd certainly like a small, cool 'ZCar.com' decal to mount on my rear or quarter windows. You know, the kind that attach to the inside of the window (the image therefore being on the inside of the decal). Like others, I don't really want to put bumper stickers on my car.

G

·

I'll be posting February's Z of the month this weekend (I gave up on January...).

I haven't found a decent chat room yet... Still looking.

--
Derek Spencer
[email protected]

> Yes i'm another person that likes this idea,
> like penastar i don't like putting stickers
> on my car lol, i don't know maybe its some
> paranoid stuff but i like stickers but the
> fact of them ruining my car or something,
> but if its a nice sticker i'll put it on my
> window, i also like the idea more the
> lisence as well, the way we get a lot of
> these out is.. get em for a cheap price
> andif it looks nice i'm sure everyone would
> buy one.
> But one thing if we going to advertise,
> Derek will you update the page more like get
> a monthly car on their;)? i mean its cool if
> you don't but we've been looking at a blue Z
> too long lets see the color's of the rainbow
> (i like the blue Z) just we gotta share the
> space;) and maybe a chat room which would be
> cool. but these are just suggestions but i
> would be happy to advertise this place
> Zya later
> yuichi

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dereck..

I use to work next to a place that did embroudering(how ever you spell it) on hats a shirts. We had some made for our company and from what I heard it was pretty cheap. I'll get their number Monday. Most malls have places like this, but their usually more $. There are alot of them in the phone books. I figured the bumper sticker wouldn't go off to well. I don't even have a bumper on my Z or my truck. I think the window sticker would be a big hit though. If we can just find a place to get them made. Now, if we all get out our autocad3D and shoot some ideas your way we may be on to something. I've got a head start.he he Later

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I like the Idea but I could never put anything on my Baby hmmm any other ways to do it with out putting stuff on your car?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I've thought about doing something like
> this. Does anyone know a mail-order place
> that'll do small runs of bumper stickers for
> a reasonable price? A place that'll do
> license plate frames?

> I was also toying with the idea of
> T-Shirts...

> Would anyone else be interested in ZCAR.COM
> T-Shirts, bumper stickers, and license plate
> frames?

> --
> Derek Spencer
> [email protected]

If you made these things,I would buy two window stickers and a tag frame.

·
Registered
340 Posts

> I'll be posting February's Z of the month
> this weekend (I gave up on January...).

> I haven't found a decent chat room yet...
> Still looking.

> --
> Derek Spencer
> [email protected]

I think I saw a post about this a few months ago, but what about an ICQ chat room? Setting a room up on this site would be really cool, but if everything falls through, there is an option.

Also, like everyone else, I'm in for the window stickers/tshirt/hat/plate frame/whatever. :-Þ

Eric

·
Registered
680 Posts

There some people who talk on Icq and it work good. the other one I like is irc u can do many thing on it like voice chat and all that. And it both free if u want icq chat here my number 9218086 and mine on all the time.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I would go with the window stickers myself, I'll take two.
Dereck, How many different names have you had posts on this site? I don't want to shoot this great idea down (like I said i'll take two) but if stickers are like most things you have custom made the less you make the more they will cost.
Good luck to ya,

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Derek, I'm all for t-shirts and more...

I was considering buying the heat transfer inkjet paper that cannon sells and printing my own and ironing them onto some white t-shirts. But, If you put some up for sale at a reasonable cost, I would be inclined to do the purchase. How many people do you have on the forum that want to buy these items?

Derek, Would you be interested in starting a zcardotcom register so we could find out more about the people that are participants on the forum. I mean, every once in a while we all sorta post our bio's in a long series of posts and then it gets lost in the archives. I think it'd be cool to have an html listing of the guys that feel like they belong here and a little photo of their ride(s). Me included.

Steve G

·
Registered
16 Posts

> There some people who talk on Icq and it
> work good. the other one I like is irc u can
> do many thing on it like voice chat and all
> that. And it both free if u want icq chat
> here my number 9218086 and mine on all the
> time.

Problem with ICQ or using an IRC is with those of us who are behind a firewall. I can't use them while at work (not that I would be doing this on company time, of course).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.