ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 88Hybrid I've been hearing aobut your miraculous N/A to Turbo bolt on actioned setup :eek:P I was just wondering how much it costs for a wannabe turbo guy like me :eek:P Also, what does your setup provide? Do you have to do any work outside of what we would get from you? I'm sorry if you've answered these questions before...But I've seen your work and it's very impressive, and i'm really interested in this turbo setup.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I can make tthe extension peice, and the down pipe for $680. you need to supply a turbo, and a wastegate. my parts are a little more than "Bolt On" you will need to fab piping to run to throttlebody, and Airfolw meter. Just decide what turbo you want to run, or give me some power ideas, and I can suggest a few to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey man, just to grab an opinion, I'm looking to get 400+ hp. Currently I'm NA but will turbo it in the future, along with overhauling the engine, doing some upgrades (new cams, port & polish, intake, exhaust, etc.) and going to programmable stock ECU to pop in larget injectors and tune. I plan on keeping the 9.0 compression, and an intercooler is a definite yes. I'm looking at a gt30r for a turbo with a .82 a/r. You think this will get me where I want to be? What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
A GT30R will be a good choice in a turbo, but 400hp with that turbo, It wouldnt even be in its most efficiant range yet. If 400hp is youre Max goal, I would choose a different turbo. A GT32 would work better, and cost half as much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like the quicker spool-up of the ball-bearing turbos. About what HP do you think the gt30r would handle in it's high-efficiency range (and what psi is that?). The next ball-bearing turbo size up is the gt35r, but I think the elbow would be close to the surge line on the compressor map? Looking at the gt32, the knee is in a decent spot, but the compressor peak efficiency is quickly passed through and out the other side by redline (like 15psi is 60-65% efficient at 6500rpm...I don't like that). Just trying to get some info and get details straitened out in my head. Please correct me if you see any errors in my info thus far.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Ball bearing, is great, but not entirly needed. Dont be sold on the hype. The GT seires of turbos have excellent spool-up time. You need not worry youreself with that. A gt35 is actually what I meant sorry. Knee points will change depending on what turbine you use. I was going to go with a GT35, but couldnt get one right away. That gt32r is going to cost over $1600, by the time you add the V-band to the exhaust, all the fittings, and the labor to install them. I can think of alot of options that will produce the results you are looking for, without spending near that. You will still need an external gate for any of those turbos. If you plan on running lower street boost 12 psi and less, You want a wastegate over 40mm. Larger gates are better suited to controling lower boost precisley, on medium, to large frame turbos.

·
Registered
458 Posts
sorry to go offtopic. 88hybrid, did you have to get a filter for the MSD box so your stock tach works?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY HEY! I didn't say you guys could use my post to ramble about things that I have absolutely no clue about! Like reading chinese :eek:P J/k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.