ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this has to have been posted a million times before because i hear its common with the z31's, but i just need some quick advice before i go to work today. my z has a hesitation problem during cold starts, or any start for that matter. i start to give it some gas and it tries to cut off unless i overpower it with more throttle. i hear this is an easy fix but i cant remember what i need to do. thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Most likely fix is the replacement your CTS (Cylinder Temp Sensor) located behind the Timing Belt and to the left of the Rt (R3) Cam Pulley. Also, the electrical connection (2 wires into a plastic connector, goes on the CTS) needs to be checked and cleaned of any corrosion. May as well change the Timing Belt while you're at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an '87 normally aspirated Z with a very similar sounding hesitation problem. After checking all sorts of sensors, etc., it turns out the problem was a very small crack in the air intake hose connected to the mass airflow sensor.
It was not even visually perceptible but a trusted mechanic friend finally found it after I had racked up hundreds of dollars in other "fixes". Once that hose was replaced it ran like a charm!

Don't know if that's your problem but it's worth replacing the intake hose before more expensive fixes are pursued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.