ZCar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

As some of you may know I recently got together with a woman who I knew for about 12 years. She is a good hearted person and I had always liked her. She left an abusive relationship with an alcoholic husband and has been divorced for a little over 2 years now. When we ran into each other, her and her daughter needed help. The childwas 2 at the time. She had her 3rd birthday in our new home in early October. After leaving the womens shelter they hadnt had a stable home, staying with family and friends. The little one hadnt had her own room for longer than 2 months at any point in her life. I stepped in and changed that. I got a propper home and we all moved in together. Now they have a stable home, food, clothing, etc. Mom has been accepted into the college she likes. They deserve a chance at a new life and I am trying my hardest to make a new start for the three of us in a happy loving and safe home.

To fund all of this I let go of some Z cars and started selling off the parts I have accumulated. Thanks to everyone that bought the Z stuff! The cars are gone and the good parts are gone and the bank account is kinda low. Financial help from either of our families is just not there. So we decided a nice little elopement would have to do. There is a lot of little expenses that add up. Formal cloths, haircuts, shoes, etc..

So I wanted to give you all an opportunity to contribute to this special occasion and earn some good karma. If you would like to make a donation I have a paypal account which is [email protected] and if you want to send something by mail just contact me for the address.

We plan on getting married in Savannah GA. In late November. I will update the thread as things happen. Thanks for your well wishes so far and thanks for the purchases that got us this far. Its making a difference for the better!

Your friend,
Heroe

Special thanks to Jamal for support and the visit. The little one likes her doll a lot. She slept with it in her arms

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Advice: If you can't afford to get married....wait until you can afford it.

You gain nothing over what you already have getting married at this point.

Become financially secure, and then do it.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
In what I saw on my own eyes....I believe you are a winner and you have a very good Mother and a very good Future Wife.
Go for it man.....let her be your wife and trust me you will see better days after.I believe you both have a good intentions and you guys mean it so everything will work out good for all of you especialy for the Princess(I love that girl).
Congrats and I really wish you both a good long happy life.
Jamal

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In what I saw on my own eyes....I believe you are a winner and you have a very good Mother and a very good Future Wife.
Go for it man.....let her be your wife and trust me you will see better days after.I believe you both have a good intentions and you guys mean it so everything will work out good for all of you especialy for the Princess(I love that girl).
Congrats and I really wish you both a good long happy life.
Jamal
Thank you so much.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Advice: If you can't afford to get married....wait until you can afford it.

You gain nothing over what you already have getting married at this point.

Become financially secure, and then do it.
I must have not communicated clearly. I can afford to get married. Its just I thought I would put it out there to make the experience a little nicer by allowing others to share in the special event. She would be fine with just going to a courthouse and signing a paper but she deserves something nice. I wanted to show her good things can happen to good people... you know? So I bought an elopement package at a bed and breakfast. After deposits on the home, furnishings from a thrift store, cloths, shoes, used tv diapers etc. Its a bit much at once. Any contributions will just enhance the wedding day. $15 and we got gas money. $ 30 and we can tour an old cemetary. $45 is a bottle of champagne or a waffle robe from our hotel. $50, a carriage ride through the historic district. $55 and we can eat at lady and sons restaurant. $125 and we can dress up for fine dining at alligator soul. Its just an opportunity to make the time a little more special for her mostly. After all she has been through its about time she had something nice, meaningful and happy. Thats all. I appreciate the sound advice all the same though. Thanks for caring!

Its all for her though. After meeting up with her again after some time, At first I was in eye for an eye mode. I wanted to beat the **** out of that son of a bitch that hurt her. break his nose. Break his jaw. Break his thumb. Show him what its like to wake up in the ER. Let him experience facial reconstruction and lifelong injuries. Let him have his jaw wired shut at regular intervals and scanned to see if its healing right. Let him experience pain every time he has to eat. The mounting of medical bills and constant dental.... ughhh...But... I got past that by focusing on her and the little one and what they needed instead of what happened to them in the past. Focusing on making them happy I let go of the anger. It worked. Shes happier than she has ever been. The child is making leaps forward in developement. And its got to be because of a safe and loving enviornment that is healthy. Its got to be. And Im in a better place as well because they enhance my life. Im happy too because of them. I dont like talking about what happened to them and that is a fraction of their story. She wouldnt like to talk about / relive it either so its not something that is easy to discuss. We want to just leave it behind whenever possible. Instead of saying sorry for what happened, say congratulations on your happy events, your new home, your wedding, you see?

Im just trying to exploit every possible way to make their remaining years as best I can. It doesnt have to be money either. Diapers the pull up kind 2t-3t. Maybe you have a nice suit or dinner jacket that may fit me and you dont need. I wear a medium shirt, 30 30 pants. 10.5 or 11 shoe. Got a black tie? Anything to help is just that much more, you know? A card saying congats and a 5 dollar bill or some shaving razors. If its one less thing to buy that frees up money to be used elsewhere. Its not like the expenses stop there. Anything is appreciated.

Its a win for everyone. Often we hear of bad things happening to good folks, but here we have an opportunity to do something positive in reaction to it. We can make a difference. You all dont have to let me stand alone. We can stand together. We can stand for goodness.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was going to mention, like many others do, just go to the courthouse and get married if you are both OK with that. But I see you have already thought of that.
You can still than spend some money on a nice honeymoon vacation away.
Its just about the both of you. Its not about spending on a formal wedding to please others.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to mention, like many others do, just go to the courthouse and get married if you are both OK with that. But I see you have already thought of that.
You can still than spend some money on a nice honeymoon vacation away.
Its just about the both of you. Its not about spending on a formal wedding to please others.
Yep. The elopement package is the best for us because its like a vacation for a couple nights in a nice hotel and we get married there in the parlor or under the veranda. So its like an all in one marriage and honeymoon. They take care of everything besides dinner and the photographer. Cake, flowers, minister, champagne toast, silver tray breakfast... we just need to show up in appropriate cloths with a marriage liscense. Its a 2 night stay and I was hoping to spend a night after that at st simons or hilton head island which is beautiful and nearby... but I dont know if that will come to fruition or not. Good suggestion. You wouldnt happen to have a nice vest in my size aye?

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
For the prospective groom...hic!

What deep thinkers men are... I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the beverage fostered some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'.
The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'.
At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions.

Soon thereafter, I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women usually maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a kick in the nuts.

Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive reasoning, I have come up with the answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say,
"You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
Case closed.

It is time for another beer.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Congrats heroe! Glad you making the biggest step of your life with a great women. I hope when everything is stable and secure financially, I hope you get back into a Z car again and this time bringing your new wife and kiddo for the ride. Wish you and your family the best! :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Also new advice on your marriage, try not to spend money on your Z using your credit cards behind her back. Got away with it for several months and she wondered why it was taking forever paying off the credit card that only owed 600 bucks and was putting in 1 to 200 a month to pay it off quick. Now she has my accounts linked to her phone so she knows where and when I spend. lol Marriage is such a special thing. ;)
Find another way to get away with it....

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Believe it or not -

out of all the wonderful advice I have given you guys over the years, I don not have much to say on marriage after being married to the same woman for 35 years.

Condemned prisoners in Texas get off with less time than that.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats heroe! Glad you making the biggest step of your life with a great women. I hope when everything is stable and secure financially, I hope you get back into a Z car again and this time bringing your new wife and kiddo for the ride. Wish you and your family the best! :)
Thanks. Sometimes I think of a z32 2+2... lol. Its fun and exciting. Never been happier in my life. Being behind her is better than being behind the wheel of any car. Wow. That has an undertone that wasnt intentional, yet its true all the same! But yeah she is great. Im a lucky man for sure.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Believe it or not -

out of all the wonderful advice I have given you guys over the years, I don not have much to say on marriage after being married to the same woman for 35 years.

Condemned prisoners in Texas get off with less time than that.
So what I take from this is that women like classic z cars, are pass or fail at the initial commitment. Avoid the costly basket cases that become regrets and are a constant reminder of your failure... and hold out for a really nice one. I can assure you the one I chose is of the really nice variety.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts