Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

]img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/882270/DDFEL-P1060008.JPG[/img]

The lower pic shows the old stock wheel in comparision to the wheel that was put into this housing (that is the chewed up wheel) This turbo is FRESH, even had the center section freshened while it was apart. This also utilizes a custom srewed down thrust bearing retainer instead of the clip retainer. $560 Will highly improve from youre stocker even at stock levels. This is a bit cheaper than having it done, plus you can keep youre core sell it on Ebay for $150-$200 Cheap upgrade! A new turbo with this flow volume using REAL Garrett parts, internally gated $800.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Me again... I'm still interested.

·
Registered
662 Posts
88' wrote-

It is a BOLT-ON HYBRID t-3. It was made from a 86- t-3. The compressor housing is machined out and has a Much LARGER wheel in it. The wheel is slightly smaller that an "s" trim, and flows 35% more air at Lower temps than the factory t-3. The Thrust bearrings have been modified also to a Screwed-in thrust bearing retainer, instead of the typical clip. This keep the shaft tight, and prevents the wheel from hitting the housing under boost over 15 PSI. This turbo helped me produce 343HP and 368 ft torque.

Any thing changed in spec during the rebuild?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Basically, I want it... tell me I can have it & I'll send you the £$£$£$£$.

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK, wanna do business?

·
Registered
662 Posts
:)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would sacrifice big power figures for a torquey quick-spooler any day.
I'm not into drag racing or dyno boasting... I just like driving.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would still have it on my car happy, if I hadnt broke it. Now that everythings apart, I might as well go to the next level. If you are shooting for the 350 hp club, this will get you there easily, without hurting youre response.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sounds good to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.