ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I start my 85' turbo my car sound like a lawn mower and I smell fuel. There are no fuel leaks though. I took it to Purfect Auto for a diagnostic and tune up and those idiots said nothing's wrong with it. I got hosed. Can anyone guess what might be the problem? It ticks on acceleration and chugs instead of going smoothly. I'm getting tired of working on the Z.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like engine could be running rich. Pull a plug and make sure that its not all dark colored. If so Check your fuel pressure and make sure your Regulator is allowing fuel pressure to bleed off. Also make sure that the return line isn’t being restricted anywhere.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep Briggs & Stratton style. More tick than growl if you know what I mean. I never had this problem before it has no get up and go like before nad I just don't trust hardly anyone to look at it cuaze I feel like either folk are lazy or out to make a buck. It used to zip down the road now it's like it had a mild stroke or something. It sux!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Check TPS and run codes. then check for corrosion at the fuel injectors. Also check for vaccum leaks and whatnot. And make sure it has clean oil in it. As far as the ticking, these cars tick to a certain extent. Shouldn't be really loud and if it is, then you have problems. An easy fix is to add some Luscas oil stabilizer, or a thicker grade oil. Use your judgement.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I'm with Chezam.
I had that problem in my first Z, I had to take my car to a buddy of mine who works on Z's and after drilling a little hole in the exhaust and checkin gthe back pressure, the little gauge mesured 9 pounds of back presure, in other words I can fart more gas than the ehaust was allowing out the back :)
my cat was plugged GOOD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.