Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys.girls,

I'm Installing a N42 Non-EGR Intake manifold. What have you guys done with the pcv. Mine is right over the turbo and i can't connect the hose.
Do have to seal it and put it another location?
Please help me.
thanks
mel

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
you could just put a bolt there and vent off the other locations with a small filter.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
What I did, if you look at this shot from the drivers side, you'll see a 90 degree fitting on the back part of the TB. I ground down the threaded and hex part of the PCV valve till it fit inside a hose, the end inside the fitting, clamped it to the hose and then ran the hose down to a ZX style block vent turned to face forward. Ran the OE valve cover vent to the factory location in the intake hose to the turbo inlet and it works fine. Obviously you have to block off the original PCV valve hole with a pipe plug.

http://atlantaracing.tripod.com/turboz/page3/morepics.html

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I wouldn't assume they are all the same... They may -look- the same but the amount of air they pull, how much of a vac leak they cause, when they close etc isn't the same. These are a calibrated part. I'd rather not wonder if this is causing a problem later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.