ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some information about the LD28 crank. I have a good one sitting in my basement and my original block from my '70Z. I would like to know, a) can it be used in a L24 block or if it is better suited for another. b) what rods I would have to use with it in combination with the pistons. c) What pistons should I use for proper deck height clearence. I have read that with the right combination you should be able to acheive a stroker motor with out to much extra work, just you must have the right parts. I also am not after a 3.1 litre.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Goto zhome.com and look under the tech articles about the 3.1 liter strokers. If you are not going to go for maximum displacement by using the diesel crank and a l28 block then don't waste your time. What exactly are you after? Their is no strength advantage in using the ld crank versus a standard crank. You can trade the ld crank for a good running l28motor if you are just looking for a new motor.
greg
71 240z

> I need some information about the LD28
> crank. I have a good one sitting in my
> basement and my original block from my '70Z.
> I would like to know, a) can it be used in a
> L24 block or if it is better suited for
> another. b) what rods I would have to use
> with it in combination with the pistons. c)
> What pistons should I use for proper deck
> height clearence. I have read that with the
> right combination you should be able to
> acheive a stroker motor with out to much
> extra work, just you must have the right
> parts. I also am not after a 3.1 litre.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you are not after the 3.1, don't use the LD28 crank. In an L24, the angles, etc... are too extreme and you will not see good power. You would be looking at max disp of less than the stock 2.8, so you would spend lots of money for a 2.8 that is not as good as a slightly built 2.8. Save your money and get a 2.8 and build it up, you won't be unhappy. strokers are expensive and hard to do right,(I know, I have one).
-Bob Hanvey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.