ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to day i was driving home from work and looked down at the temp gauge and thought it looked like it was running hot..... Then i sat up strait and i wasnt just the way i was sitting. I hate when that happins scairs the crap out of me. that like the 10th time it happined and now it going to be the last.
So i have the piler pod for three gauges. and i know im going to get the oil pressure gauge and the coolent temp gauges but the three one.... do you think i should go with a air/fuel gauge or a oil temp?

PS sorry for any bad spelling!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I would go with a voltmeter, but if I was going to choose between the two options you gave... I'd go with the oil temp gauge.

(PS... try <http://www.spellcheck.net> if you are really concerned about your spelling. You can copy and paste your entire post into the larger window to have it checked. Not taking a shot at you.. just friendly help.)

Post Edited (Jan 26, 5:01pm)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PS ..... and why would be nice

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I'd go with the oil temp gauge because I like to monitor those things that could be dangerous to the health of my Z. If I remember right you're NA, so A/F is not AS big of a deal as with a TT.

Your oil is the lifeblood of your car. I like to keep an eye on mine. I think I look at it about every 3rd time that I'm about to start the car. It's always right where it should be and the color looks perfect. I still check it though because that's the way I am. That is why I would get an oil temp gauge if I were installing a 3-pod pillar.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z-CARR
How does the iol temp gauge work how does it know the oil temp

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Well there has to be a sensor, probably included with the gauge, that would read the temperature of the oil and transmit the data as an electrical signal back to the gauge where it would be translated for you. If I had to guess... I'd say that installing a "T" fitting next to the oil pressure sending unit would be the best place to locate the sensor. I have never done one before, so someone else might have a better idea. Since you plan to put in an aftermarket oil pressure gauge, the sensor for it should also be located next to the OEM oil pressure sender.

Post Edited (Jan 26, 5:34pm)

·
Registered
941 Posts
why do people think that the A/F doesn't matter in the NA? The NA has much higher compression then the TT and has to me more aggressive to get the power it has because it doesn't have forced induction. Detonation is just as serious in an NA as it is in a TT or any car for that matter. The only difference is its way easier to mess with your volumetric efficiency with a TT then an NA so its easier to make a dumb mistake.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I would recommend, water temperature, oil pressure, and oil temperature. The SPL sells oil filter housing adapter that has two additional threaded parts that will allow you to do just that.

If you are looking for water temp gauge, I have one for sale. It's autometer, in almost new condition(wih new sender).

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I am wanting to run the UEGO A/F unit...Oil Temp gauge...and a company called Whistler makes radar unit where the little display mounts in the gauge pod like any other gauge.

I would get a voltmeter..but my turbo timer has one.

I am also considering a Fuel pressure gauge..but from I can tell. THose seem to be better suited for under the hood for quickk adjustments.

I also would like to have a water pressure gauge. I d lke to be able to have some noticifcation if the water pump fails or if there is some kind of blockage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.