ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like someone to offer suggestions on the idea. I have the automotive know how, but have not really delt with that much with audio modification.

I am planning to install a 5 channel amp and 10" sub in the parcel holder behind the seats on my 1987 300zx. I plan on lining the body cavity with body undercoating to reduce distortion and laying a piece of plywood across the opening with eurolastimer sealer to seal the gaps. I will cut out the hole behind the pass. side and mount the amp on the outside of the plywood in the center (between the seats). That way at a later date I have the possibility to add a second sub behind the driver.

I know amp sound/deepness depends on the amount of air behind the speaker, should I split the void between the seats to make two seperate pockets or leave it as one space?

I know this is a automotive forum and not a audio forum, but I seems like a good place to start.

Mark.

·
Registered
455 Posts
thats exactly what i did i put mine on the left side behing the passenger. Umm i didnt split it and it sounds good. Like not ghetto rattling and **** just clean and good. Umm i put the amp under the drivers seat which i did by putting washers under the back two bolts of the seat mounting rack thing. It gets air and is good. I like it alot. Umm i cut the wood by using the carpert as a template. Take out the carpet and place it on the wood. Fig out where the drop off is and then cut it to an approx size around that. Once i get my car back i will email u some pics if u want. Ur email??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.