ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '75 280z 2+2 It puts out white smoke all the time. The first injector will put out little puffs of white smoke when the gas is hit hard setting still. There is also exhaust on the front of the intake manifold. Would replacing injector seals and manifolod gasket help. I don't see any signs of a blown head gasket still has plenty of power. This all started when I cleaned the injector connectors. Has new spark plugs and wires. Would the AFM have anything to do with it. I get 1.7 ohms resistance across the pins but don't know which ones to test. Please help thanks, Sam 75 280z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
> I have a '75 280z 2+2 It puts out white
> smoke all the time. The first injector will
> put out little puffs of white smoke when the
> gas is hit hard setting still. There is also
> exhaust on the front of the intake manifold.
> Would replacing injector seals and manifolod
> gasket help. I don't see any signs of a
> blown head gasket still has plenty of power.
> This all started when I cleaned the injector
> connectors. Has new spark plugs and wires.
> Would the AFM have anything to do with it. I
> get 1.7 ohms resistance across the pins but
> don't know which ones to test. Please help
> thanks, Sam 75 280z

If you are sure that you are not using any coolant, then is the engine and exhaust completely warmed and dried out before making your tests? You said only a little smoke but if it is fuel, it should smell like fuel, water will not.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had the same exact problem on my 75.
I cleaned the connections to the F.I. temp sensor located on the thermo housing.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
> I had the same exact problem on my 75.
> I cleaned the connections to the F.I. temp
> sensor located on the thermo housing.

Which sensor is the FI temp There are 3 sensors on the front. Looking toward the motor from the front there is one on the left hand top with one wire. There are 2 under that. If I unplug one of them the engine shuts off if I unplug the other there is no change I also have a red wire in that area heading to nothing any suggestions of what that is. When I check the resistance across the sensor that doesn't kill the engine it wont even register. The other 1 has resistance.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I rememberd more stuff. White smoke seems to have stoped. Now I have been having problems with it occasionally idleing low. While riding down the road it will loos all power to the motor for a second. Nothing in the car dies tack doesn't change just the engine quits. This is really noticable under accelleration. Something else wierd the engine was running and when I closed the hood it turned off. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.