ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 280Z with the L28 in it. My harmonic balancer and crank are all screwed up. I'm looking a complete l28 engine from a junk yard to use for parts to rebuild my engine. What is a fair price for a complete engine? What other years will interchange with my crank and balancer?

Thanks in advance,
Mark
[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Long block goes for about 100 bucks in So. Fla. I don't think there are any differances in the L-28 cranks (not absolutly sure though), and your crank is internally balanced so the harmonic balancer is really just a crank pulley, they interchange. Big trick here is to use a 240 pulley (lighter weight) to get some free hp. didja bend the crank somehow?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The balancer was loose and it vibrated and wore out the keyway in the crank and balancer.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
IT SHOULD GO FOR ABOUT $300 DOLLARS THATS FOR A LONG BLOCK WITH INTAKE AND INJ. ALSO WATER PUMP EXT. THERES NO REPLACEMENT THAT IM AWARE OF BUT THERE IS A LIGHT WEIGHT BALANCER I THINK ITS THE 240 Z BALANCER WITHOUT AIR CON. PULLY BUT ILL CHECK INTO IT FOR YOU BUTT DONT CHANGE YOUR HEAD KEEP THE SQUARE PORT!!!!! IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON TRICKS TO MAKE YOUR Z RUN FASTER OFF THE LINE OR JUST TOP IN E-MAIL ME AND ILL GET BACK TO YOU!! THANKS MIKES 240 260 280Z RESTORATION SHOP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.