ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed crank in my 81 280zx na it all went well.I have just tryed to start it and it runs but idles about 500 rpm.It sound good,no knocking or things like that.I run it about 2 min. and noticed that I had no oil pressure.I looked and the oil pressure sender wires are hooked up but still no pressure.before every thing worked well but the balancer kept coming off.There is oil in the motor,and a filter.The motor sat about 3 weeks before I could finish it.On the idle could it be that I am one tooth off on the timming and it still run.It wants to die out too.

My computer is down right now (I am at tech school)so if you can help me before 9:00 tonight thanks!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, check to make sure you put enough oil in it. Don't take anything for granted. I'd check to make sure that there isn't any oil circulation. Pull the valve cover off and have someone start the car while you watch the valve train. If you see oil spraying all over the place, it's fine. It might make a **** of a mess with the cover off, but at least you'll know for sure if you've got a problem. If you don't see any oil coming from the tube, then you've got a serious problem. Time to start tearing it down and find out where it is. I assume you primed it before starting by disconnecting the coil wire and cranking it some. If not, make sure you do this first. But it should be pressurized if you ran it for 2 minutes.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the Hanens book it said to prime it by putting oil in the oil pump.It took the pump apart an cleaned it when I worked on the car.I did not put any oil back in it.So I took it apart and primed it ,This worked ,and I now have oil pressure.

I seem to have to ingiton timing off buy a tooth or so.

Thanks for the help!

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.