Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
Here's my problem. My Z will run great whenever the outside temperture is cool but when the air gets warm the car will start to idle real rough. This is especially true when I'm standing still. The idel will gradually drop untill the car shuts off. Then I can start it right back up and it will idle properly for about ten seconds and then it drops again. Whenever I'm moving around 40mph and up it works fine. The engine has been modified and it seems to be putting off more heat then it used to. Should I get a header blanket or electric fan? Is there some kind of sensor I should check. I was thinking that maybe all that heat is screwing up the injectors because it acts like it's starving for gas. Any help will be greatly appreciated..Thanks.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Radial,
A few questions.
1) What modifications have been made on the engine?
2) What is your engine temperature gauge saying? mid-range, far right?
3) Pull a couple of your spark plugs and look at them. What color are the electrodes? black? Light tan? white?
4) How old are your spark plug wires? They may be breaking down under extra heat.
5) Did one of the engine modifications result in the heat shield between the intake and exhast manifolds getting removed?
E-mail me back with the answers and I'll do what I can to help you troubleshoot.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same problem I finally sorted mine out by installing two electric fans, Do you still have the cowel on radiator this can be a simple fix mine was missing when I bought the car. Check your viscious fan that when the engine is hot turn it off and see if the fan turns freely if it does then its not working correctly as it should be harder to turn when hot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.