ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a 87 n/a with a airfilter and i have a problem i did a complete tune up on it (wires,plugs,cap,rotor,fuel filter) and right after i di this it started to stumble and fall on its face when its cold it dosnt want to start and it takes about 2 or 3 trys to get it going (sometimes when its warm) but i have checked a few things but i am not sure what else it could be i think it may be injectors but i am not sure!!! i am lost i have ran out of ideas and i really dont want to go and get a test done on it until i have to!!! please help me!!! this is my first z and i really dont want it to die on me!!! i have searched through the past posts but i want new ideas thnks -stan-

·
Registered
657 Posts
your gunna have to test the computer...... that will give you a good idea whats wrong with your car.......... theres no easy way around it.....ECCU is located under the passenger kick panel... your going to need to remove the glovebox and the panel below it( dont worry its not hard).

id post the link but i cant seem to find it..... i know there is a write-up on it on z31.com . hopefully someone will be really nice and post it for you. Or you can look for yourself.

·
Registered
782 Posts
make sure you did not unplug anything and check your plugs wires does it run good after it warms up or what?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no its like it ideals very shifty and when its cold its falls on its face like i said but it just has a power lose and has a bad ideal

·
Registered
2 Posts
check the connection on the cylinder head temp sensor and make sure that there is not corrosion on the plug... this is very common and will cause all kinds of problems...

·
Registered
880 Posts
could you have broken a connection or pulled a vacuum line off while tuning it up?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i could not find the sensor could tell me where its located? and i have check the vacum line like a ton of times..... thats what i thought too!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
if your looking straight at the motor it will be located behind the timming belt cover. a little above and to the right of the thermostate housing......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.