ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 85 t, the car runs like **** on idle and at about 4000rpms seams to me like it is misfiring or geting no fuel, i just replaced the cap and rotor, spark plugs and the fuel filter. now i am out of ideas, if someone has anymore give me some help please

·
Registered
362 Posts
Run Codes, check the MAF, TPS, and make absolutely sure there are no vaccum leaks. Grab the intake hose going to the turbo and give it a yank, if it moves tighten the clamp. My car had those **** Philips head screw clamps on it so i found a hex bolt that fit and tightened the piss out of the intake tube. And that was AFTER I bought a new MAF...I guess a new one didn't hurt anyway. Also take the hose off the Fuel regulator and make sure no fuel comes out. If you suspect vacuum leak, take it somewhere that has a smoke machine and hook it up and fix anywhere that smoke comes out. Also check fuel filter, and take a stethascope or screwdriver and put it near each injector and listen to make sure they are working. And get a Haynes Manual and this...FSM www.carfiche.com or here...
http://www.zheritage.com/fsm/

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i just order a manual on fri should be here on tue. i just put a new fuel filter in it. and were is the fuel reg. i started with the vacum line there is just to may of them but i will keep trying thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.