ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at an 84 na to buy. we started the car on thursday but didnt have enough time to drive car now today i try to start the car when i have daylight and it wont start you dont hear the fuel pump come on or the starter turn but all the interior and exterior lights work fine and all we have done to the car is replace the battery terminals because one of them was broke
does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
auto or manual. My buddy has an 86 auto that wont start in park sometimes. If its a auto try putting it in neutral and crank it over. If that dont work check fuses and your battery connection you did. maybe you just dont have it on tight enough

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have checked all fuses, relays and fusible links to see if they were burnt and everything on the battery is tight
i was thinking maybe the factory alarm but when i unhooked it under the passenger seat it still did nothing and i have checkedthe fuse under the dash for the alarm and the realys under the hood
the only other thing i can think of is the ign switch

·
Registered
162 Posts
My '87 has a clutch switch that doesn't allow the car to start without the clutch pedal being depressed. All my other Z's don't have this, so it was a surprise to me when I found it. Won't hurt to look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 87 Manual. It would not start one day and I found that the rubber stop the clutch switch presses against had fallen out.
The rubber pad falling out left a hole and the switch went right through it.
I carwled under the dash and disconnected the wire to the switch and jumpered it. The car started just fine. Then replaced the wire and used a cable tie and duct tape to hold the switch closed. success again. I saw the stop arm had the hole. Placed a piece of rubber 1/4inch thick over the hole and duct taped it in place till the proper stop came in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.