Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP !!! late ignition timing

i Have an 84 720 pick up that i race with. I had the head checked out put it back together it started fine but the timing light is saying im way passed tdc the mark is showing at the 1200 oclock posistion on the pulley.
the vacuum gauge says late ignition timing help

Post Edited (May 27, 1:19pm)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: late ignition timing

did you spline the distributor in correctly? if you put the distributor in, its probably off a tooth or so. if its running like it should, the balancer might have slipped, showing that it is not in time, when in fact it is. there is an outer ring on the balancer bonded to the inner with rubber.. when the rubber gets weak, the outer slips, causing wrong timing readings. good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: late ignition timing

Thank you for answering! the oil pump went in looking thru the dist hole it was 11:30 or ( \ ) the dist is slotted so how can i move it a tooth? I gotta feeling this is gonna be a dumb blonde question GOD help me! the balancer? U mean the pulley or the crank duh again oh by the way i had timed the cam sprocket on the # 2 mark Which was not my original timing marks put i t back the way u found it and F--- the book

the.... blonde leading the blind

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.