ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an injector leaking monday, so after a couple hours taking them off and replacing the seals (I thought that was what was leaking first), I found a broken end on the injector, that plastic piece. Other than that it is a good injector. Is it okay to remove the rest of the end and use it? Thanks,
Joshua L.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
No you cant run without the cap. It is what makes the spray. BUT I have been told that Pepboys, WesternAuto, and HiLo will rebuild the injectors. Not all locations do this. I don't know this for sure, but a "Z Pal" said he had it done at a AutoZone in Houston. It is worth a shot, he told me the price, I don't remember it off hand but it was cheap and made me think of doing it myself. Its worth the call.

Bean Bandit
280ZTR

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Know what you mean!!! Had my injectors out, cleaning the fuel rail and lines....dropped one and the tip shattered...that was an o-****! SteveG turned me on to NAPA to get them tuned / cleaned / tips replaced...all six for $94...WHAT A DEAL. Still putting it back together, got side tracted on the rear brakes since I had the fuel tank out. Have Fun.
gary

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys

I have 4 extra manifolds with injectors, but most of the injectors are clogged, at least the couple I tried. Maybe I will take them in though and have those cleaned. I have one to put back in, but a few are loose where the line connectors to the thing, in that crimped fitting. The line rotates around the injector. This seams to be what is leaking. Anyways, thanks again.
Joshua L.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Thanks Guys

Joshua L. wrote:
-------------------------------
, but a few are loose where the line connectors to the thing, in that crimped fitting. The line rotates around the injector. This seams to be what is leaking.

I think(?) it is some type of factory crimp / glue...the shop cut the old lines off of mine, just have to add a clamp at the that end of the fuel line now. So you might try a clamp.
gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.