ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! It's Horrible! I thought I would NEVER sell my 280ZX, NEVER. I mean, my baby is awesome. Leather interior, power everything, no t-tops though. Man, I love her. But I picked up a 300ZX which the owner thought had a blown head gasket (turns out it didn't) and I've been driving that. I LOVE IT! I don't know why!! :( It's an automatic, Versus the 5-spd that my 280 is. It's also got T-Tops. The 300ZX is a GL-L model though. I don't know why, but I like the 300! I thought I would NEVER sell my 280, but now, i'm honestly thinking about it! :(

HELP ME! HAVE I GONE MAD!?

·
Registered
451 Posts
you are crazy

Sorry to tell you my friend. Find a good shrink.
Regards,
Jorge, a 280zxt lover.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Another one bites the dust.

I almost sold my 1974 260z 2+2 for a 1983 280zx, I am glad i did not, my car is worth way more then what i was selling it for, also faster and needed same work as the 280zx, so i kept my 260z, right now i am gettting all the information on the beast so i can get it on the road ans slowly get the aero kits and the the paint done.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Re: Another one bites the dust.

You may like the 300zxnow, but wait until you have to work on it, then if you sold the 280zx you will wish you hadn't.

Jason

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Help! I think I like my 300ZX Better than my

What's wrong with being a 2(+) Z family. I am thinking about getting another one or 2 myself.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Oh trust me, I love my 280. I love working on it too. The 300ZX I'm currently debating on keeping is a 2+2. I've got the same year, same model but 2 seater, and in white, not red, in the garage right now. I picked that one up for my sister. Timing belt snapped, valves trashed, so I got some used heads, and basically rebuilt the top end. It's been sitting there all put together (Not running, spent 3 days trying to fix the timing, and I got sick of it) because she has no money to license it. SO, when she does, i'll get back in gear and fix it up, but you never know what'll happen. I may end up getting stuck with that one too!

I dunno, I think I am crazy.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Which one would you kick yourself in the ass for later if you sold it? Weigh it out... pitch the 300 or keep them both!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Take mine!!!

I've got a 300zx turbo and I'd rather have a 240z,260z,280z. If I could find one I like and could afford then the z31 would be gone. PITA to do anything under the hood...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Not Mad..Just a Z lover..

Remember, Nissan modified/improved the Z from generation to generation for a reason..Not all of the changes were great, but not all of them were bad. I have had a 78 Z for many years now..and when i picked up a Limited Edition (#75) 50th Anniversary 300ZXT It was the first car I had EVER driven that I liked possibly more than my 280...Adjustable suspension...body sonic seats...TURBO...all digital dash...T Tops..leather interior..very comfortable.....Pretty hard not to like...I ended up selling that 300 though..and I still have the 280.....but it was a hard choice there for awhile....Sorry but a 1st gen Z is never going to be a smooth and comfortable as a 300. Two different types of sports cars...It depends on what is important for you....So I compromised...I kept my wild 280 for fun in the summers, and recently bought an 88 turbo to enjoy all year round!

A Mans' got to know his limitations.

Scott.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.