ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should a set of five fule injecters cost me. I have all ready had one done now I need the rest done.

Is there a way to clean out the injecters, they have been in my car for probilbly just under 20 years. I have a '76 280z.

At this point injecter number 3 keeeps clogging and I keep putting in fule injecter cleaner to clen them out. Can some suggest a good cleaning solution I can use for the time being. Please help!!!

Thanx,
Tom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: HELP fule injecters</b>

BG sells a pretty good cleaner. They have a couple of varieties, depending on what you are targeting. I used to be able to find it in parts stores in Colorado, but it is tougher to find out east. I have seen Nissan dealers carry it at their parts counters. Might be worth a call.

As far as the injectors, I have seen prices from $40 to $60. There was a posting a while back about "refurbished" ones for about $30. Check the archives for that info.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: HELP fule injecters</b>

Advanced Auto has new injectors for $30 each while Pepboys have new injectors for $60 each. The guy at Advanced said that PepBoys got sued for price matching and they had to pay 70 million for doing it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Don't forget to clean out your fuel tank before you put those new injectors in. You could have quite a bit of debree in there. This could be your main problem anyway. Try cleaning the gas tank, then run some injector cleaner. If you still have problems, then I would spend the money on new injectors.

This is just a thought
Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.