Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me?
I have triple mikuni carbs (40 PHH) on my 74 260Z. I have been told to get rid of my mechanical pump(due to vapor locking problems which I have been experencing). But I need to get a better electric fuel pump to compensate for the pressure. I need to know what is the recommended GPH required to run triples?????? Also what kind of specific fuel pump should I get???? And what about the wiring setup for running the electric pump alone? Is the stock setup sufficient or does it needs to be altered?? Cause I have read that there are 2 cut off relays for the electric pump, which makes me worried.

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
a holley red or blue should be fine, at the rear by the tank. I ran mine with the stock wires for a long time with no problems, but you could use the stock wires to switch a relay with a big wire carrying the voltage back to the pump -- this is what i have now since I run an FI pump and need all the amps.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Try This!</b>

I use the Holly blue myself and it delivers something like 70-100 gph. More than enough. The pressure out put for that pump is 4-7 psi. To run that pump with your triples you will need a pressure regulator and set it for 3.5-4 psi. Mount the regulator on the fire wall (most common) I also use the stock wiring system on my 78 280Z to run the pump. No problems in 4 years.
ZR8ED.

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
RE: Try This!

ZR8ED thoughtfully mentioned something I forgot, the regulator. Mine was setup the way he stated, with the regulator on the firewall. At first I looped it through the factory return pipe, but even after tuning with different orifices in the return line, the fuel pressure wouldn't remain stable all the time, so I went out and bought the Holley regulator (I had an unlimited supply of FREE blue pumps at the time...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.