Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me?
I have triple mikuni carbs (40 PHH) on my 74 260Z. I have been told to get rid of my mechanical pump(due to vapor locking problems which I have been experencing). But I need to get a better electric fuel pump to compensate for the pressure. I need to know what is the recommended GPH required to run triples?????? Also what kind of specific fuel pump should I get???? And what about the wiring setup for running the electric pump alone? Is the stock setup sufficient or does it needs to be altered?? Cause I have read that there are 2 cut off relays for the electric pump, which makes me worried.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: HELP! Fuel pump situation on Triples</b>

I'm relativly new to the world of triples. I have an'71 240 with a 280 engine. anyway, I have an electric fuel pump made by Holly. It's the blue model, I think up to 9psi. The weber book says to run a presure regulator, as the floats are sensative to excessive fuel presure. Webers should be around 4-5psi. That's where mine is set and I have no problems. As for the wiring I really don't know what to tell you. Keep posting and I'm sure someone can answer that for you. I hope this helps.

Good luck.
Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.