ZCar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for help on where to look for wheels because the setup i have now is not very common and hard to find wheels that fit, I’m still a teen and semi new into the car scene but i don’t have as many resources or places to look for when i’m shopping for parts so if anyone can help me and point me in the right direction or tips on how to find the right wheels that’d be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
995 Posts
I suggest checking with Tire Rack or Discount Tire online. They have extensive databases and generally make it easy to find wheels which fit on a wide variety of cars.

I'm not sure what "the setup i have now is not very common" means. Please be specific about what you have if it's different from the stock axles and brakes.

Oh, and sentences with punctuation make it easier to understand what you write. ;)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You can also check out motorsportauto.com. Their wheels have the correct offsets and bolt patterns to fit our Z cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much, I meant that I have a 4x114.3 bolt pattern and I’ve been told it’s not very common but I’ll check those places right now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
In the rest of the world, the Z bolt pattern is 4x4.5in, not an all together uncommon pattern.

My personal fav are the 5.5in x15in. off the TR-6 that I run on my 280. Wide enough for plenty of tire (205/65's in my case), and just the right amount of offset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the best places to find custom wheels to be made for you preferably multi piece wheels

·
Registered
605 Posts
Don't know what your budget is, but I would hate to see you drop some big $ on wheels and tires only to have the car parked because something else is broke or unsafe. I would give the car a good going over first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts