ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What experiences have you had with the following springs? I planned on buying a set of eibach pro kit springs for my 78, but I was wondering the differnce between these and Suspension Techniques. Also are the Motorsport springs worth a ****?
I plan on using my car mostly for daily driving, but I predict a few weekend autocrosses in the future. It is a given that I will use Tokico shocks with this conversion. I just wanted to know the best possible combination before plunking down the cash.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
> What experiences have you had with the
> following springs? I planned on buying a set
> of eibach pro kit springs for my 78, but I
> was wondering the differnce between these
> and Suspension Techniques. Also are the
> Motorsport springs worth a ****?

Have you looked thru the Archives yet? There are a lot of opinions on this subject there.

The Archives should be the first place you ever look when you have a question, whatever the subject may be.

> I plan on using my car mostly for daily
> driving, but I predict a few weekend
> autocrosses in the future. It is a given
> that I will use Tokico shocks with this
> conversion. I just wanted to know the best
> possible combination before plunking down
> the cash.

You'll want to match the shocks to the springs, and you'll also want to be able to ADJUST the shocks to match the springs, because I predict that you'll never get a perfect match. ****, even the Tokico Illuminas ( 5-way-adjustable ) that I have on my Z are impossible to get quite right. Maybe you should check out some Konis, and tell us how it goes?

Doug Dawson
[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
> What experiences have you had with the
> following springs? I planned on buying a set
> of eibach pro kit springs for my 78, but I
> was wondering the differnce between these
> and Suspension Techniques. Also are the
> Motorsport springs worth a ****?
> I plan on using my car mostly for daily
> driving, but I predict a few weekend
> autocrosses in the future. It is a given
> that I will use Tokico shocks with this
> conversion. I just wanted to know the best
> possible combination before plunking down
> the cash.
> Thanks

I opted for the motorsport springs and KYB struts and am quite happy with the results. I'm not a racer, but I am a driving enthusiast and this setup does the trick. I did make the mistake of not getting sway bars & shock tower braces when i added the springs & struts. now that everything is setup up it rides stiff but not to harsh, and corners flat. That's exactly what I wanted, you'll just have to try and see for yourself.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.