ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 83 turbo is dead, it's my only transportation, and I can't get the ingnition to work. The cars wiring harness melted down when my battery tie down broke and both posts shorted out on the hood. Iv'e replaced all of the burnt wires one by one using another car as a reference, and I thought that might fix it. When that didn't work I replaced the coil, distributor, and the ecu, with no luck! I'm getting juice on the + side of the coil but it won't throw a spark. I'm at a loss, and am stumped now,..... Please help.
BTW.......The only solution I could think of is to put my mallory ignition system on it, is this possible on a turbo, and how would I hook it up? However I would rather fix it as the mallory setup was bought for my N/A 240 and I'm worried about such a hot ignition causing detonation on the turbo. As always any input would be apreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: This must be a chronic problem!!!!!

Before I bought my car, me friend owned it and had the same problem with the positive terminal grounding on the hood. It went on so long that it burned a hole the size of a half dollar in the hood. He only fixed because the battery eventually died. Man was he lucky! When I got the car from him, I cut a bike inner tube and slipped it over the positive terminal and cable end.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.