ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance. I just took my newly purchased 77 280z to the emissions and it only failed in the "evaporation" part. According to them it is missing a hose from where I pointed out below. Does anyone know how to fix this, or where the other end should go? Thanks again and I have included a couple extra shots of my engine so maybe you can point me in the right area.

Post Edited (Oct 13, 2:38pm)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
does anyone notice that he has a vaccum line attached to the top of his dashpot?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
yeah that vacuum line isn't connected on mine either. whats it for? I don't think its long enough to go to the TB. Now that I know where it goes where do I get vacuum hose?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
LOL, that dashpot is not supposed to have a hose, but there sure are a lot of people out there that like putting one on it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
if you look at your last picture, your dashpot is above and to the right of the distributor cap, it has a white nipple that is connected to a vaccum hose, that shouldnt be there. That device just slows the linkage when it returns to its normal idle position. What is it connected to?

·
Registered
15,301 Posts
As the guys suggest, the line to the dash pot on the top of the throttle body can probably be connected to the open port on the carbon canister

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
sweet now to find that thing on the tb and connect the hose. I wonder if this is why my gas mileage has been less than great. THANKS SO MUCH BLUE!!!!!

Post Edited (Oct 13, 5:07pm)

·
Registered
195 Posts
i just checked under my hood on my '77. the vaccum line from the carbon canister goes to a plastic T-connecter that branches off to the bottom of the TB and the other side of the connector hose connects to my distributor..... this sounds correct, can anyone verify? why does the distributor need a vaccum advance???

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Yes Jasmaster your's is right and there is supposed to be -nothing- conected to the dashpot. We always laugh when we see hoses hooked up to those!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hmmmm - here in Georgia, they only test 25 years back. I was exempt last year with my 78 and from there forward. Must have some pretty stringent smog laws out there in desert country...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah, AZ does...it stinks......anyways, it was a "visual" inspection of this that failed....everything else was cool and then when they popped the hood the guy failed it so the whole deal was failed...anyhow, I asked why and the guy at the desk said, "I dunno why he failed you cuz I don't even know what should go there"......so on a side note, has it been determined, yes, hook it to the dashpot or no don't cuz I am getting conflicting info here????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.