ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had most of the brake system replaced. This week a caliper was leaking and on the way to the mechanic it was idling unusually high. When I press the clutch all the way down it would idle at 2000 rpm. If I take out the clutch in a stop position it would go back down to where it used to idle. It is hard to keep i that way until I start to drive.They replaced the caliper and test drove it but when I drove it to work it did it again and and kept doing it. Anybody have any ideas? I appreciate any help and thanks in advance. Also thanks to those of you who gave me ideas on the brake line.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not too long ago I had what sounds like the same problem w/my '77. It idled fine when I first started it but would shoot up to 1800-2000 when I drove it, then came to a stop.. A few months ago I was checking temp. sensors, cold start valve, etc. About that time was when the idle problem started. Looking around for anything I may have screwed up, I noticed two vacuum lines from the air regulator were disconnected. I must have had them hooked up backwards. A couple weeks ago I switched them and it's idled fine ever since. You might give that a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.