ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater blows very lightly and only out of the drivers side defrost vent or the passenger floor and out a vent tube right under the glove box. The a/c was removed before I had a chance to get a good look at how it all worked. My assumtion is that I need a new blower motor and to fix the routing of the vents. Is this correct? Or is there other things that could cause this. I noticed a scheamatic of a 260 heating system, does anyone have one for a '70 240? My book doesn't show much and isn't real clear.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

·
Registered
247 Posts
>I have a 76. I am not too sure of how similar the heater systems are but I can tell you that on mine the right side heater duct work came loose. The hoses had lost contact with the vents behind the dash. If you remove the interior of the glove box (not too hard to do) the tubes will be right there easy to check out. While you are there remove the blower motor and inspect it. This is not hard to do either, pull it and the check the operation of it. This should tell you alot with about 30 mins work.
Good luck.
Craig
C.M.G.76Z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.