ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '77 280z 2+2 with ac. I am trying to locate heater valves. I have been to auto stores and they only list one that is controled by vacum, but I also need something else that has to do with the heater and no one knows exactly what to refer to it as. It mounts right next to the heater valve and it is cable operated. It has a copper cable that connects to it that runs down and is connected to the heater core. None of the auto stores knew what it was so I think I am going to have to go to the dealership. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I have a '77 280z 2+2 with ac. I am trying
> to locate heater valves. I have been to auto
> stores and they only list one that is
> controled by vacum, but I also need
> something else that has to do with the
> heater and no one knows exactly what to
> refer to it as. It mounts right next to the
> heater valve and it is cable operated. It
> has a copper cable that connects to it that
> runs down and is connected to the heater
> core. None of the auto stores knew what it
> was so I think I am going to have to go to
> the dealership. Please help.

> Thanks

What you are describing is the heater control valve. It controls the hot water coming from your engine. Letting it bypass or stopping it. The copper wire leading to the heater core is a temp guage. I had to replace mine a while back and the only place you can get one is at the dealership. Unless you find one at a junk yard. It cost me 102 dollars to get mine from the dealership. If you need help installing it or taking it apart just email me and I will help.

[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I have a '77 280z 2+2 with ac. I am trying
> to locate heater valves. I have been to auto
> stores and they only list one that is
> controled by vacum, but I also need
> something else that has to do with the
> heater and no one knows exactly what to
> refer to it as. It mounts right next to the
> heater valve and it is cable operated. It
> has a copper cable that connects to it that
> runs down and is connected to the heater
> core. None of the auto stores knew what it
> was so I think I am going to have to go to
> the dealership. Please help.

> Thanks

What you are describing is the heater control valve. It controls the hot water coming from your engine. Letting it bypass or stopping it. The copper wire leading to the heater core is a temp guage. I had to replace mine a while back and the only place you can get one is at the dealership. Unless you find one at a junk yard. It cost me 102 dollars to get mine from the dealership. If you need help installing it or taking it apart just email me and I will help.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.