Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day

The big thick hose running from the radiator, through the firewall... and then back out again, has been cut on my car, such that it appears to still go inside, but then the hose coming out has been cut and clamped as it exits the firewall, and likewise to the other end.

What would be the reason someone would do this?

Cheers

Travis

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
That hose blew right on the engine side of the firewall and replacing that hose is a major PITA so they just clamped it off.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I bet you the heater valve broke and leaks water onto the passenger floor. A quick fix would be disconnect the hose on the engine side to not allow water to enter the inside of the car before getting to the heater vavle. This is done because it's a pain in the A$$ to replace the heater valve. Trust me I have done both ways on my ZXs ie.. short cut and the right way so I know.. Your car doesn't have heat now. Better fix it before the winter gets here unless you don't plan to drive it during the winter. My yellow Brucemobile doesn't have heat either but I wasn't planning to drive it in the winter any more. Good luck
V.

Post Edited (Oct 12, 11:02am)

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Yes, this is a very common "quick fix" when some faulty heater component inside the car (most often the heater core) starts leaking water on the floor. Won't affect how the car runs, just whether your tootsies will keep warm or not this winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.