ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my A/C quite some time ago and finally got around to taking out the evaporator. In my FSM it shows a picture of just a plain heater duct that went in place of the evaporator on non-AC cars. I would love to have this to put in place of it but I cannot find one anywhere. Nissan said that that part was only available on canadian models and when I called Nissan in Canada they said they no longer carried or made the part. So I check ebay and around on the internet with no luck. So I know the chances are slim, but if anyone knows where I may be able to find one I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did remove everything, but there needs to be some kind of duct to move air from the blower to the vents. I can make one up of some bootleg ducting, but I would really like to have the factory vent used on teh non-ac cars. I didn't think anyone would have access to one, but I thought I would check.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Maybe I wasn't clear. Take the evaporator housing that you removed and gut it. Then cover the holes. I'm guessing the only real difference between the non-AC and AC models is the AC model housing has a couple extra holes for the evap lines.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And it is much larger, this is probobly what I will end up doing. Just checking to see if anyone had access to the proper part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.