ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced a heater core on a 1980 280ZX?
Any tips?

Also does anyone know where I can get a heater core for less than $100.00?? I checked at my local parts store and they didn't even have it available. I check with S&G imort auto parts. They wanted $150.00. That is just outrages.
I have nice tires on my 280ZX and I would really like to drive it once or twice this winter. But it's already too cold.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Give Mike at All Z East in Gresham Oregon a call. Their boneyard has all sorts of Z's and he'll pull and ship the part for you.

His number is 800-533-5659; M-F 8-5.30PM PST SAT 8-12.30PM

Their prices are reasonable, and he's a sharp character. Feel free to use my name if you want, won't guarantee you lower prices, but who knows?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where in Michigan are you?

I have an 81zx torn apart and have a heater core. I'm in Windsor Ontario, across from Detroit. Are you a member of Metro Detroit Z Car Club?

Kevin

G

·
0 Posts
Dave,

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here. I have replaced the heater cores in just about every Z I have owned. I currently own three. Changing the cores is not a pleasant task. When I did the one in my 86T I think I paid just a little over $100 from the dealer for a factory Nissan core. All the other aftermarlet ones did not fit well. Anyway, my point is that they are a bear to change. As you well know, you have to remove the dash board to do this. Why risk putting a used one in that may go out in a few months? For a few extra bucks you might want to give the dealer a call and see what they want. Hope this helps. Good luck. John

·
Registered
968 Posts
JML is correct. Changing the heater core is not simple. That's why I am asking you why you need to replace it? Usually the heater valve is the one causing the problem.. Oh btw I just fix a friend's car heater yesterday. He got no heat so I tore the dash apart and everything else and found out after that his vacuum lines were all screwed up and that's why the heater vavle didn't work..(this is a 78 280Z) .. I also have a spare heater core for a ZX.. let me know if you want it.. I am from Phila PA
Vinh
http://vvu.tripod.com

·
Registered
301 Posts
How yah doin bud. Im not really sure if they are the same but i have the heater core for a 1982 280zx Turbo sitting at my house. When i bought the car its one of the parts the guy gave me, along with some rotors and a few ignition coils. Im not positive if the core works or not but it looks to be in pretty good condtion. If you want it i'll let it go real cheap. Write me an e-mail

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.