ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything wrong with bypassing the heater core/heater control valve? I am having overheating problems even in 60 degree weather. I just flushed the coolant and filled it with the proper misture. It runs fine for about 30 mins of driving then starts creeping up... Ideas? I don't think the radiator is the problem because about a year ago i drove for like 50 miles at 70mph and it cooled fine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Actually, the heater core is a little radiator and will aid in removing the heat from the coolant, although it will overheat the occupants of the cabin while in use.

If you're overheating, taking the core off-line won't help. Look elsewhere for the problem/solution.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
the only thing that ever goes wrong with the heater core is a leak, this is not your problem. replace the thermostat, check the fan clutch. if those are ok start thinking about replacing the radiator. it was ok a year ago? so what? dont allow your car to overheat, it WILL blow a head gasket.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
how many miles do you have on your car??? and do you know if the radiator's been changed before, if it's the stock one chances are that is your problem, my Z now and my last Z once I changed the Radiator, the over heating problem went away.

·
Registered
275 Posts
hey i looked at your web site at your 300zx. And i saw your tail lights. Did you buy thoughs or had them made? i have an 84 300zx ae and i was looking for some Ferriei tail lights or like a skyline tail light mod for them. Is there a place to buy lights like that? if so email me a [email protected] thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.