ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I've got the head off and in the pro machine shop to fix a stripped sparkplug thread,what else should I have them do? I will be adding a cam,rockers,springs,pads later.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Porting and polishing is always nice to do.... Check it for flatness...

Changing over to larger valves... but no mention was made to the casting number...

Have the studs replaced.... their almost 20 years old. The ones that hold the intake and exhaust manifolds on. But you should be able to do that one yourself.

Replace the valve seals.... Have the Valve guides inspected.... Get a valve job... Have the valves checked for cracks, burn spots and have a look at the valve seats....

Cheers,
Dennis

·
Registered
358 Posts
As long as head is getting work, give them your intake manifold, too.
At very least have 'em match up intake runners on manifold to ports on head.Also have 'em relieve all the sharp edges in comb chamber. How are your valve seats?maybe reseat with bigger valves while your there. If you've got a little money to spend, ask 'em to grind the bottom of the intake jrnals on the head to increase the short side radius, just a little.
If you've got a lot of cash, ask 'em to weld up the combustion chambers to increase comp ratio, and if you wanna go way out, the sleeves in the exhaust ports can be removed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.